- About Us
- MAKS 2013 Air Show
- About Sokol Airbase
- Flight programs
- Our Jet Pilots
- Book Online
- Flight day schedule
- Our Fighter Jets
- Tour to Baikonur Cosmodrome
- Terms & Conditions
- Photo & Video gallery
- Airbase museum
- Clients' impressions
- Book Online
- Our Agencies Abroad
- Contact Us
Sokol Airbase Museum - history russian and soviet aviations.
The Sokol airbase Museum was founded in the December of 1966.
The museum is one of the biggest corporate museums in Russia. The museum exhibitions include historical documents from the company creation right up the present day.
The ground floor of the museum has several historical exhibitions and include:
- The founding of the "Sokol" company
- Piston and turboprop aviation eras (Lavochkin and Polykarpov aircrafts)
- Historical exhibition covering aspects of World War 2
- Supersonic period of aviation history
- The Mig family of fighters
- Modern history of the company
The first floor of museum describes the manufacturing processes of the aircraft including:
- Design process
- Tooling and manufacturing
- Mechanical parts manufacturing
- Die Casting and stamping
- Welding metals
- Sub-assembly and final assembly of the aircraft
- Tests flights
There are more than 2000 individual items on display within the museum, including I5 actual aircraft and a Mig21 cockpit.
During this information-packed museum tour you will see various presentations and video films about the company history and some history of Soviet aviation.
The museum visit is a strong recommended for all aviation fans.